November 14, 2012

Checking in




What a crazy time these last couple weeks have been. It's been an emotional roller coaster to say the least. Things are "getting back to normal" as they say around these parts. You know how I feel about things "they" say. It's time to get back to routine, ride the subway, and enjoy our hot showers. But it's hard knowing that so many are still without. And so many don't have what they once did a few weeks ago to go back to. Just down the road from me, the neighborhood of Red Hook was hit really hard. A mere matter of blocks away and yet on my block business was back to normal and kicking the day after the storm. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around that discrepancy. But we do what can we can, I suppose. Learning about the difference between awareness and paralyzing empathy. It's tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment